Image Name

Translate

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

What I love most ...

Living away from things familiar such as your extended family, friends, and your own home etc really makes you look at what's important in life.  When we first moved to Germany I noticed how close we became as a unit.  Not that we weren't a close family before, it's just that we had to rely on each other more than ever as we were in this big change TOGETHER!!

My greatest blessing in life is my husband.  This year we will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary.  He is my best friend!! Life is happier for me when we are together, I think he would say the same! =)  My next greatest blessing is being the mother to our four children.  I am amazed at their strength and commitment to making life work - even when the going gets tough.

Of course leaving familiarity behind is OK for a while but I really have this need to make a house a home.  That's not so easy when renting with restrictions on what you can and can't do.  Don't get me wrong, we have been so blessed in renting this home as families are generally smaller here. Usually a family has a  maximum of two children, so landlords would gasp at renting their home to a family of six! So to have a roof over our heads is a huge blessing. But this quote really sums me up at the moment.

http://papercrave.com/tad-carpenter-my-home-prints/

It will sum me up even when we purchase our own pad and we get stuck into making it our home too ... I promise!! But I am so ready to get stuck into the DIY - that would be a synonym for DO IT YOURSELF, not destroy it yourself!! hee hee. 


We are still at the crossroads of deciding to stay local or move out a little further.  You know more land, more house possibilities.  I am confident whatever we decide we will find somewhere to call HOME.  Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment